ROBONOVA® is the model of an on-site technology (on the reclamation site) ex-situ (treatment on a matrix removed from its natural site), which exploits oxidative-aerobic processes operated by microorganisms autochthonous of the matrix to be treated (soil, sediment), using the organic contaminant as a source of carbon and energy.
These processes result in the removal of organic contaminants by mineralization and partial oxidation, favoring the humification of the matrix and restoring an ecologically active techno-soil.
The ROBONOVA® prototype is equipped with:
• Bioreactor for the growth of microbial strains.
• A completely automated pile turning machine, used for conditioning and biostimulation of the soil matrix (2m3).
• Instrumentation for the inoculation of microbial starters selected for the biodegradation activity.
• Emissions monitoring and treatment system (GAC filter).
• Leachate monitoring and treatment plant.
ROBONOVA® provides key services for the engineering of bioremediation processes:
• Continuous, detailed, and reliable monitoring of gas and micro dust emissions (CO2, O2, CH4, VOC) deriving from bioremediation activities, compared to the weekly / monthly survey activities in the test and field areas.
• Continuous monitoring of both the metabolic activity of microorganisms and the processes of remediation, validating the results of the protocols and processes developed on a laboratory scale, towards large-scale bioremediation works.
• Continuous monitoring of energy and water consumption, leachate, and liquid waste.
DND Biotech has developed an updated version of this prototype (ROBONOVA® 2.0), implemented in a 40 ″ industrial container equipped with instrumentation and systems that model soil composting on a pilot scale and measure air quality and emissions, produced from biodegradable processes, and the chemical quality of the percolation water.
Being fully automated and deliverable on site, ready to go, it represents a bridge between laboratory scale and full scale for bioremediation projects.